The manifolds have to be made special to fit the car, so as you can imagine they are not cheap! They finally arrived so I was able to finally remove the masking tape from the engine! I purchased special bolts to fix them, these include a special washer system that self locks and prevents them coming loose from vibration!
Some builders ceramic coat the manifolds for a couple of reasons. Firstly it offers corrosion resistance, but secondly it has a insulation effect. I have decided not to do that….I don’t think they did that back in 1965! I expect more to rust authentically!
There is no room for these, especially as they pass the engine mounts. As the tolerance was so tight I decided to grind off some of the engine mount bolt to give it a few millimetres more space!